What Kinds of Debt Can We Help With?
To be eligible for debt relief, the debt typically must be “unsecured.” This means that the debt is not tied to a physical asset, such as your house or car. Here are some of the common types of debt which can be settled:
- Credit card debt (including store credit cards)
- Personal loans
- Medical bills
- Some business debts
- Some private student loans
- Repossessed auto loans
If you are unsure whether or not your debt can be settled, please feel free to reach out to us.
What Kinds of Debt Cannot Be Settled?
There are several kinds of debt which we are not able to assist with. These are “secured” debts, or those which are tied to an asset. Some of these types of debt include:
- Mortgages and home loans
- Car loans
- Federal student loans
- Tax-related bills and fees
This list does not cover every possible type of debt. Contact us to find out if your debts are eligible to be settled.
What Happens if My Creditor Says “No”?
Even if your creditor says “no” the first time, it doesn’t mean that you will never be able to settle your debt. Sometimes, as circumstances change, or as the debt remains unsettled for longer, the creditor may be willing to settle with you. Here are a few ways that you might be able to increase your chance of settling:
- Keep written records of everything. Keep copies of any letters that you send and the responses from the creditor.
- Write down phone conversations. Make sure to get the name of the person you speak with and take note of the date and time of the call.
- If at first you don’t succeed… Don’t give up. If you were unable to settle your debt on your own, hiring a professional company will improve your chances of success.