The Data Scientist position is a newly created, full time role responsible for leading and creating the company’s predictive analytics team. It will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of technologists, marketers and analysts on a wide range of marketing-based initiatives. This position will bring engineering, analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring marketing success, improving direct to consumer campaigns and understanding the behavior of users to drive revenue growth.
- Experience working with large, complex data sets
- Solving difficult, non-routine analysis problems, and applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Conducting end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentation
- Building and prototyping analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
- Comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both marketing and business/sales activity
- Ability to interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams
- Comfortable making product recommendations (e.g. cross-platform analysis, behavior analysis, feature analysis, engagement/churn, cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information
- Has proven research and analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of digital products
- Can work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for design and assess improvements to data technology
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as an engineer / data scientist / computational social scientist / behavior scientists / etc.).
- Strong foundation in product analytics, statistics and machine learning
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution
- Strong experience in data science in writing code in SQL & Python (Scala, Unix)
- Strong experience operating in Big Data Pipelines (Spark, Hive, Presto, SQL engines) batch and streaming
- Strong experience in data story telling with visualizations
- Self-starter/driven personality
- Enjoys fast paced culture